Have you seen this (or something similar) show up on a website lately?
If you use MyFitnessPal, WeightWatchers Online, YouTube, or any of about a million other sites, chances are that you have.
Here are some things about which you can rest assured:
- It’s just a stupid banner advertisement
- It seems to be showing up a lot more often since this whole mess with the NSA started and got everyone paranoid about their online privacy
- Nobody is spying on you*
- It probably leads to a website that will infect your computer with spyware, at which point someone will be spying on you
- Even if it doesn’t, you don’t want what they’re selling
- It tells EVERYONE they have “2 people” spying on them
- YouTube, MyFitnessPal, WeightWatchers, etc., have no way of knowing whether anyone is spying on you or not
- Do not click on it, whatever you do
*Actually, there might be people spying on you. I mean, I have no idea who’s reading this. Spies do exist, right? You might be involved in all kinds of international espionage, sabotage, subterfuge, the works. You might be tuning in to those weird “numbers stations” every night and actually have the key to decode them for all I know. But in that case, you’d probably say, “Two? Ha! More like two hundred!” if you saw this particular ad.